Fuijitsu-Siemens Amilo D8830 Linux compatibility

From: Timo (t_i_m_0_news_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 11/30/03

    Date: 30 Nov 2003 04:21:22 -0800

    I am considering buying Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D8830 laptop
    and install Red Hat 9.0 on it. Is the laptop compatible with Linux?
    I check www.linux-laptop.net, but that model wasn't listed.

    The laptop uses ATI mobility radeon 9000 display driver, which I understand
    is supported by Linux. How about the other components (DVD-RW, modem,
    LAN module etc.), are they supported?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    • Ruggedized Itronix laptop HOWTO
      ... I bought a cheap ruggedized laptop and got Slackware Linux working on it. ... You have to have some copy of a Linux system to install it. ... Linux kernel and ramdisk. ...
    • Re: long time Linux user considering switching to OS-X
      ... >> - Linux box. ... I do all my work on the laptop. ... >> Unix beyond user level is weak. ... >> with the Mac equivalent I guess). ...
    • Re: Which linux??
      ... I have an old laptop. ... i'd like to give linux a try, and thought this old lappy would be ideal, but i havent a clue which version of linux i should go for, ... RedHat Fedora guidelines suggest that, if you're running a graphical desktop ... On the other hand I'm typing in an IBM Thinkpad 560Z with 300 MHz, 192 MB RAM and a 6 GB hard drive. ...
    • Re: Laptop Question
      ... > linux user, so I would like to buy a linux friendly laptop. ... I need Windows for my college application. ... It is not really a problem, the restore partition is an image of a completed proper windows install, with all drivers and devices configured to work properly in the default configuration. ...
    • =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_Welches_LAptop_f=FCr_12_J=E4hrigen?=
      ... tendiere ich zu einem Laptop. ... kompakt Linux ist nachzulesen, da sie bei 10 getesteten Bussiness ... Desktop ist was ganz anderes und kann keinesfalls 1:1 bertragen werden. ... -> ist u.a. ein Graka bzw. dessen Treiber Thema. ...