Fuijitsu-Siemens Amilo D8830 Linux compatibility

From: Timo (t_i_m_0_news_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 11/30/03

    Date: 30 Nov 2003 04:21:22 -0800

    I am considering buying Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D8830 laptop
    (http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/rl/products/notebooks/consumer/amilo/amiloD.html#)
    and install Red Hat 9.0 on it. Is the laptop compatible with Linux?
    I check www.linux-laptop.net, but that model wasn't listed.

    The laptop uses ATI mobility radeon 9000 display driver, which I understand
    is supported by Linux. How about the other components (DVD-RW, modem,
    LAN module etc.), are they supported?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    BR,
    Timo