PCMCIA: kernel modules still will not load

From: Larry Gagnon (lagagnon_at_fakeuniserve.com)
Date: 02/04/04

Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 09:17:21 -0800

Concerning my previous message re PCMCIA kernal module loading
problems, the new PCMCIA drivers have been compiled and all seems OK,
however, the PCMCIA kernel modules still will not load.

/var/log/messages says:

"/lib/modules/2.4.2-2/kernel/drivers/pcmcia/i82365.o:
init_module: No such device

insmod /lib/modules/2.4.2-2/kernel/drivers/pcmcia/i82365.o: failed
/lib/modules/2.4.2-2/kernel/drivers/pcmcia/i82365.o: unresolved
pci_irq_mask"

It appears to be an inconsistency between my kernel and the drivers.
Is there any workaround?

thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer...

Larry Gagnon

***************
remove "fake" from email address

Relevant Pages

  • Re: PCMCIA: kernel modules still will not load
    ... > Concerning my previous message re PCMCIA kernal module loading ... > problems, the new PCMCIA drivers have been compiled and all seems OK, ...
    (comp.os.linux.portable)
  • [git pull] PCMCIA updates for 2.6.33
    ... several PCMCIA updates for 2.6.33 are available in the git repository at: ... convert net pcmcia drivers to use new CIS helpers ... deprecate CS_CHECK ... use dynamic debug infrastructure, ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • [git pull] PCMCIA updates and fixes for 2.6.28
    ... The PCMCIA updates for 2.6.28 are available at ... use pcmcia_loop_config in scsi pcmcia drivers ... pcmcia: deprecate CS_SUCCESS ... pcmcia: card services header cleanup ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • [RFC] PCMCIA patches for 2.6.28
    ... pcmcia: only copy CIS override data once ... use pcmcia_loop_config in scsi pcmcia drivers ... pcmcia: deprecate CS_SUCCESS ... remove CS_ error codes alltogether ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: USB Storage for Laptops (or PCMCIA storage for Thinkpad)
    ... Hmm. ... I haven't been able to get my PCMCIA ... flash cards to work since switching from David Hinds' standalone ... PCMCIA drivers to the kernel based drivers (which are mandatory in ...
    (comp.os.linux.portable)