ATI drivers on HP/Compaq nw8000

From: Lasse K. Christiansen (lkc_at_azlan.dk)
Date: 02/27/04

Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 11:36:52 +0100

Hi all,

Am trying to install Fedora Core 1 on a HP/COMPAQ. This one has an ATI
FireGL 2T - or mobility radeon thingy ! (same ATI Driver).

My old laptop had an Nvidia driver which worked perfectly (after some
configuration).

My problem is that whenever i use the ATI driver and goes through the
glrxconfig program to configure the XF86Config-4 then when logging into my
desktop the mouse behaves weirdly ! Jumps around the screen and randomly
clicks on windows ! makes to desktop entirely unusuable ! (the desktop in
itself looks great though).

Any pointers ?

Regards

Lasse

Relevant Pages

  • Re: HP G60-249WM Notebook overheats (on lenny)
    ... This laptop came with Vista installed, ... tuning certain parameters of the Nvidia driver. ... Except for the part about writing a script, ... overheating problems than the radeon and the vesa/framebuffer drivers. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Xorg Freezes
    ... I'm having a Toshiba M70-192 laptop with Ati Mobility Radeon X700 video ... OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc. ... Sometimes just kwin freezes so I can switch to a console, kill kwin, export ... I've updated the system regularly - 3 kernely updates, several fglrx updates ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Amilo A1630 ATI VGA Driver problem?
    ... I have a Fuji A1630 Amilo AMD 64 Laptop. ... I have used the supplied restore disks to restore from new, ... ATI Video drivers. ... I have tried downloading the latest version from the Fuji site (as ATI ...
    (uk.comp.sys.laptops)
  • Post-Hibernate Laptop Hang
    ... I have a 2004-vintage HP Pavilion zv5000 series laptop that ... has an ATI 9100IGP video card and Broadcomm 4306 wireless. ... always successfully resume from hibernate. ... know any magic kernel switches that might ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [opensuse] Advice on mobile video card
    ... I would like to have some advice on the choice of a laptop. ... The ATI is slightly cheaper and google seems to say that this card has better spec than the nvidia one. ...
    (SuSE)