New (secondhand) laptop

From: Zebedee (abuse_at_127.0.0.1)
Date: 04/16/04

Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 01:06:13 +0100

I'm selling my old IBM 760EL as I want a smaller laptop. Ideally something
just a shade bigger than a DVD case.
Definitely by IBM because they give excellent after-sales support whereas
other manufacturers stick two fingers up at their customers.

Which IBM should I have (secondhand) that'll fit the bill and which will
work with Linux and KDE? I need access to all the ports - usb, pcmcia, modem
etc.

--
Yours
Zebedee

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Robust laptop?
    ... Buy two pre-owned IBM Thinkpad Txx and you pretty well off. ... >> What I'm looking for is a laptop with a metal instead of plastic case ... > for now I expect the machines being sold are still IBM designs. ...
    (uk.rec.sailing)
  • [SLE] Laptop choice - REPORT
    ... I still like the IBM. ... There's a lot of things to consider when buying a laptop. ... All that extra performance will keep you happy with the laptop much longer than a Centrino or Celeron could ever hope ... Linux, and others can be a real pain to set up. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Forgot boot up user name and password
    ... it's an IBM forget about it, you can't clear it using normal methods. ... contents of the hard disk ... your laptop while you are away. ... Supervisor password, the system board must be replaced (to replace the ...
  • Re: hibernate problem with sp2
    ... It's seldom a good idea to upgrade in hopes of fixing an existing problem. ... As the machine's brand new and still under warranty, what did/does IBM have ... I would *not* be running SP2 on any laptop until I'd gotten the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Desktop Replacement Laptop
    ... Well, I have seen one of those, but that's not what I would call a laptop! ... therefore decided to go back to IBM and went for a ThinkPad t42p (M 2 GHz ... it was twice as fast as my old Dell laptop. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)