USB mouse and Touchpad

From: John Champaign (john.champaign_at_gmail.com)
Date: 11/05/04

Date: 5 Nov 2004 09:30:26 -0800

Hi all, I have a COMPAQ R3210CA (Presario R3000) running Fedora Core 2
that has been performing exceptionally well with Linux (the only major
thing I haven't tried yet is the wireless connectivity).

There is a very minor issue that when I boot, THEN plug in an external
mouse they both continue to work fine, even if I unplug the external
mouse. However, if I boot with the external mouse attached, the
touchpad won't function, with or without the external mouse attached.

I know people have bigger problems, but would there be any suggestions
on how to correct this? I've done Google searchs on the web and
Usenet, but everything I found was for more dire mouse problems than
this.

Thanks,

John

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RH 9.0 doesnt install: blank screen! (RH 8.0 & 7.2 do though)
    ... Tried 'linux text noprobe skipddc noapic apm=off noht'. ... I wanted to try on and so I chose 7 boot options: ... linux text noprobe skipddc lowres apm=off noapic nousb ...
    (linux.redhat.install)
  • Re: installation problems
    ... RH 9 had trashed my Linux partition and rendered my PC unbootable. ... >you can create the floppy from and can be created on a differnet ... >on the CD as the floppy boot image. ... and since flash drives seem to be listed in /proc as scsi devices, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • RE: Linux hacked
    ... Subject: Linux hacked ... After you boot up into the OS running from CD, ... >> First let me say I'm a security novice. ... >> been unsuccessful in getting root back. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: New to linux..looking for program I can boot and run off CD
    ... >>and he was using a windows os but booted and run Linux programs off a CD. ... >having to do a dual boot thing on my current machine. ... > That would be Knoppix or one of it's derivatives. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Of mice and men
    ... They're two of the many Linux distributions. ... > provided it has its own partition. ... separate boot partition, but that's the easiest approach - unless ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)