USB mouse and Touchpad

From: John Champaign (john.champaign_at_gmail.com)
Date: 11/05/04

Date: 5 Nov 2004 09:30:26 -0800

Hi all, I have a COMPAQ R3210CA (Presario R3000) running Fedora Core 2
that has been performing exceptionally well with Linux (the only major
thing I haven't tried yet is the wireless connectivity).

There is a very minor issue that when I boot, THEN plug in an external
mouse they both continue to work fine, even if I unplug the external
mouse. However, if I boot with the external mouse attached, the
touchpad won't function, with or without the external mouse attached.

I know people have bigger problems, but would there be any suggestions
on how to correct this? I've done Google searchs on the web and
Usenet, but everything I found was for more dire mouse problems than
this.

Thanks,

John