Re: LINUX installation on Fujitsu siemens Amilo A 1640.

From: Lenard (lenard_at_127.0.0.1)
Date: 12/26/04

Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 19:15:54 GMT

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 09:56:22 -0800, eSunny wrote:

<snip>

> I tried to install redhat linux shrike.The installation was almost done
> except selection of graphical adapter part and the type of monitor.I
> choosed generic for graphical adapter as SiS M760(its installed) was not
> listed,and unprobed monitor as there was no matching monitor
> availiable.The screen goes blank once i boot up the system.What can be
> the reason?Any view point??

Why are you installing RHL9 it's EOL, but that's besides the point right
now. You should be able to boot into runlevel 3 and fix the problem,
follow the directions here;

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/install-guide/s1-trouble-after.html

In the section; D.4.5. Problems When You Try to Log In

Change 'single' to '3' in the insturctions to boot into runlevel 3 (text
mode), logon as root. Correct the video configuration with the directions
found in the manuals; http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/ ,it's a
good idea to download them so you can have them handy for later reference
and review.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/getting-started-guide/s1-video.html

Hint 1, select a generic LCD screen that matches your laptop screen
resolution.

Hint 2, as soon as possible bring your system current, the video drivers
and most other errata (bug fixes, security and system updates and such)
have changed greatly. Please visit; http://fedoralegacy.org/

  • Re: antivirus software
    ... The only time I would ever recommend disabling AV is when you are installing from a known clean disc and the machine you are installing to is disconnected from the network. ... They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ...
  • lost ability to remote run sudo apps
    ... I kept all of my config files, and not installing any new ones. ... little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: where to find activation code in windows folder
    ... I do a lot of installing and uninstalling of things. ... I also have had changed hard drives a couple of times. ... They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ...
  • Re: SORRY for OFFTOPIC -Question to Windows XP 64
    ... Just follow the simple precaution of installing each to a separate hard drive or partition, and install the older OS first. ... A sensible precaution, if you're not sure of the compatibility of your hardware and/or applications. ... They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows XP Installation Disk
    ... replacement that I plan on installing in my computer. ... They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)