- From: "Gerbilio" <itmpm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 20 Dec 2005 22:09:05 -0800
Hi. I have an IBM ThinkPad R40 with a triple boot configuration
(XPSP2, SuSE, and Mandrake 10.2). I have gotten XP to talk to a
wireless network, but it just doesn't seem to want to work under Linux.
In my current configuration I'm running SuSE 10.0 with the Intel 2200
mini-PCI card. This is what ifconfig says:
DadsLinux:~ # ifconfig
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:06:1B:CD:3A:0D
inet6 addr: fe80::206:1bff:fecd:3a0d/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST NOTRAILERS MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:14 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:62 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
RX bytes:3014 (2.9 Kb) TX bytes:6768 (6.6 Kb)
eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:12:F0:54:A5:56
inet addr:192.168.0.100 Bcast:192.168.0.255
inet6 addr: fe80::212:f0ff:fe54:a556/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST NOTRAILERS RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:123 errors:9 dropped:9 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:18 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
RX bytes:54299 (53.0 Kb) TX bytes:7839 (7.6 Kb)
Interrupt:11 Base address:0xa000 Memory:d0204000-d0204fff
The eth1 is the wireless. It has found its IP address correctly, but
does not talk to the AP/router e.g. ping doesn't work. The wireless
indicator light is on--most of the time, though it cuts out
occasionally but that's typical.
- Prev by Date: Any chance of getting a Medion TV-Tuner 7134 pcmcia card running?
- Next by Date: Re: Linux Wilreless---cursed???
- Previous by thread: Any chance of getting a Medion TV-Tuner 7134 pcmcia card running?
- Next by thread: Re: Linux Wilreless---cursed???