Re: What OS to run on Dell 2650?

Hi David,

I will recommand first, trying out a live Linux distribution. for
example, Ubuntu.

good luck

David wrote:
I need some advice how to choose a CURRENT lunix version that will
work with an older Dell 2650. I need a google search, but the answers
are vague and cover older releases. I am must concerned about support
for graphics drivers.

Any pointer to a web site would be helpful.

Thanks

  • Re: Hibernation with over 1GB of memory on WinXP SP2
    ... And, we both know, Dell is going to be useless in this matter. ... > David, I highly urge you to contact MS on this issue. ... > MVP Windows - Shell / User ... >>> Check the amount of FREE space on your hard drive. ...
  • Re: Reposting here for expert advice! (Suggested by Peter Foldes)
    ... And now you are in for it from David. ... Good Luck ... Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others ... Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Reposting here for expert advice! (Suggested by Peter Foldes)
    ... ROFLMAO. ... And now you are in for it from David. ... Good Luck ... One of the things my clients always commented positively about was my ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows wont Boot unexpectedly!
    ... I tried all of these buttons and button combinations with no luck at all. ... Accodring to the Michael Stevens site, F12 is only for the Dell 4400. ... Try a PS/2 keyboard; ... If you want to read up more on hardware ...
  • Re: SBS 2K3 Backup to External USB Hard Drive
    ... David, I'm actually surprised, I've read both posts and it seems you don't ... this is seperate to VSS functions. ... Also, instead of browsing the website, call Dell. ... > Server is a DELL PowerEdge SC420 so the largest tape backup that DELL list ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)