Acer Aspire 3634WLMi... no "suspend to ram"?

Hello,

I have istalled openSUSE 10.1 on my Acer Aspire 3634WLMi laptop. All
runs fine, apart from the fact that it seems that it's not possible to
put the computer on "suspend to ram". In fact, If I force the system to
suspend, it cannot turn up correctly, and I'm forced to boot again...
:(

It is really strange, also considering that a in recent "Tux Magazine"
(www.tuxmagazine.com) issue (#18), a test was conducted on a computer
very similar (Aspire 3620), and the reviewer could conclude that such
laptop has implemented correctly ACPI and therefore it should be no
problem in using power managements also under linux...

Is some particular configuration needed, to get "suspend 2 ram"
working?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Marco

  • Problems with "suspend to ram" on Acer Aspire 3634...
    ... I have istalled openSUSE 10.1 on my Acer Aspire 3634WLMi laptop. ... suspend, it cannot turn up correctly, and I'm forced to boot again... ... laptop has implemented correctly ACPI and therefore it should be no ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Headless server just got suspended by updating systemd
    ... laptop, while I was upgrading through an ssh session, suddenly ... suspend mode, opened the lid, and the upgrade completed). ... told the laptop NOT to suspend even though the lid was closed. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Acer Aspire 9410
    ... ACER ASPIRE 9410 SERIES Laptop AC Adapter (Equivalent) ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: Suspend bug
    ... I grabbed the following from dmesg when i tried to "suspend" the laptop. ... ADDRCONF: eth1: link becomes ready ... eth1: no IPv6 routers present ...
    (Fedora)
  • Suspend-to-RAM on Lenovo Thinkpad T400 with Wheezy
    ... I chose to set "suspend" as the action "when the sleep button ... laptop when I pressed Fn+F4. ... responded to key presses if the computer is in the sleep/suspended ...
    (Debian-User)