What to put on a Pentium 100 with 24 meg of Ram?

To be honest, this is for my 1 year old daughter. She loves to slam on
the keyboard of my notebook. She finds some interesting shortcuts (I
use Xp :-) but I am not fond of these (she shuts down the machine I
dont know how).
Anyway, I have an old laptop sitting in my closet. It's a Pentium 100,
24 meg of Ram and 800 meg of hard-drive. It runs on a french Windows
95 and has never given me any trouble (really I used it intensively
for 8 years 1996 - 2003 without a blue screen of death!!!) except that
my Mp3 player has 10 times its capacity...
Anyway, I used to tweak my windows in my younger days and I've always
thought about switching to a linux system since I basically don't use
any M$ products (besides media player, easily replacable), I thought
this could be a good opportunity for me to learn. I want to install a
very light system and I'm still wondering if there are any program
that makes some cool things on the screen when one bangs the
keyboard :-) (windows normally does it but my old Win 95 is pretty
robust)

Thanks for any indications or hints

  • Re: Opera pain
    ... Using Windows ... you can drag the image file to any drive or folder you desire.. ... I'm a operation efficiency nerd. ... hardware is just keyboard and mouse. ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html)
  • Re: OpenVMS, eXursion, Laptop
    ... navigation in a Firefox window and fat-fingered a Tab (to the Send ... button) and then space bar. ... While superior to Windows in many ways, ... biggest pet peeve is keyboard navigation. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: The Beep Function.
    ... If Ctrl Alt Delete did work then the keyboard was not frozen. ... and there are a lot more experienced Windows administrators than Apple ones ... alt-ctrl-del would sometimes work to reboot the PC. ... then soon after that a very expensive, to me, Mac iBook G4. ...
    (comp.lang.basic.visual.misc)
  • Help Cannot install windows. Keyboard freezes
    ... Windows will not install, keyboard locks! ... Change the boot priorty to 1.44" FDD, After the system boots and comes to ... FAT32 try to install the OS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: freeze
    ... >> I have a wireless keyboard and mouse I am having problems ... >> have windows XP. ... Scan for spyware and viruses. ... Windows Update; 7) run a firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)