CD ejection on a G4 (exMacOS) How??

From: Nikki (user_at_ccount.dot)
Date: 12/27/03

    Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 12:32:21 GMT

    trying to install Debian on my G4:

    finding Ethan Benson's special boot-ISO for neworld PPCs, nice new
    yaboot and no need to switch the disk from ATA100 (thanks Ethan) .. I
    thought "At last I can get Debian into my new G4". All seemed to be
    going fine when I got to the bit beyond tasksel and deslect and the bit
    where you feed the 7 CDs in to build the packages file. But of course
    on the fabulous new G4 there's no hard way of ejecting the disks (no
    external eject-button, and nowhere for that old paperclip), so you
    can't build the file. Hoping I might get by with just CD#1, I went
    ahead, but NO! Dependencies not met...

    Can someone help me out? I tried just about every key combination I
    could think of, and short of a can-opener ... HOW (the ****) do you get
    to switch the CDs?

    I'm hesitant to use a hammer on my new Mac, though I'm close to
    concluding that's what it deserves...

    Nikki

    (Just in case there's some discrepancy I'm unaware of, I was using the
    3.0r1 7-CD set for the software install)

    & pardon me, I've multi-posted this.

    • Re: ad0 READ_DMA TIMEOUT errors on install of 7.0-RELEASE
      ... It does not matter how new/old the disk is, ... I always figured it was due to the rotational speed increase in commodity drives. ... I'm assuming that it is total power on time since the drive was manufactured. ... Help me or I switch to DragonFly BSD/Desktop BSD/Linux which is perfect and has no problems!" ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • Re: data transfer rates between networked computers
      ... Gigabit switch built-in. ... I don't have a WLAN NIC on the linux box, ... from the RAM disk on one computer to the ...
      (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
    • can you make a hard disk read-only?
      ... I'm wondering if there's some way of making a hard disk drive read-only ... -install a base system from woody CDs with the switch set to writeable. ... You could even do this semi-automatically, if the hardware was designed so ... this for these older drives just by preventing the DIOW- line ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: CHKDSK: no Winlogon result
      ... Simple fact is - if I don't run disk checks for greater than 20 re-starts, I can end up with crashes and / or the blue screen of death! ... Often, these errors that have arisen, have been corrected with starting the WinXP Recovery Console and running [chkdsk /f]... ... switch, unless you ... have received error messages stating, specifically, that the disk has ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Self-contained Virtual KVM for Windows + Linux partitions
      ... would let you switch between two operating systems, ... manages system RAM, peripheral devices, disk space, etc. ... What about alternating the two OS's from hibernation? ... Both operating systems try to cache and modify disk ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)