keymap on powerbook g4

From: Max (wasil256_at_gmx.net)
Date: 06/09/04

    Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 17:56:03 +0200

    Hi all,

    I just installed Debian linux onto a new powerbook g4.
    Everything is running fine so far except that I am not able to use certain
    keys ;-)
    I tried to load mac-de-latin1 (I have a German QWERTZ-Keyboard) which
    completely messed up my keyboard layout.

    At the very moment most important for me is the use of combinations such as
    ALT+Fx to change the console or the possibility to enter characters like
    "\" or "~" which helps a lot when using aptitude ;-)

    Does anyone know a possibility to achieve the needs mentioned above?

    Sincere thanks in advance,

    Maximilian

    • Re: keymap on powerbook g4
      ... > I just installed Debian linux onto a new powerbook g4. ... strangs as it may sound you should use a "normal" i386 pc keyboard layout. ... So you need to take a normal pc keyboard, and remap some of the keys: ...
      (comp.os.linux.powerpc)
    • Help with Tiger keyboard layout?
      ... I want to duplicate the function of a couple of keys on the built-in keyboard of a PowerBook G3 running Tiger. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.programmer.help)
    • Re: [OT] Using emacs on Apples PowerBook
      ... I've been thinking about buying a powerbook for four years now but didn't only because using emacs key bindings seems extremely awkward on Apple's laptops. ... On the lower left side of powerbook, there is a 'fn' key which confuses my figures on the correct positions of control/metakeys. ... On the lower right side of powerbook, there is no control/meta keys due to the placement of near useless arrow keys. ...
      (comp.lang.ruby)
    • Re: Overzealous "Save-as" feature
      ... I tried the tools customize keyboard option, ... have an older powerbook G4 and i guess the keys are stickier than i ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
    • History question
      ... I remember playing an old old version of NetHack on my dad's old Mac ... Powerbook 160, and i can't remember the version off the top of my head. ... try and carry around 4 or 5 different keys. ...
      (rec.games.roguelike.nethack)