keymap on powerbook g4

From: Max (wasil256_at_gmx.net)
Date: 06/09/04

    Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 17:56:03 +0200

    Hi all,

    I just installed Debian linux onto a new powerbook g4.
    Everything is running fine so far except that I am not able to use certain
    keys ;-)
    I tried to load mac-de-latin1 (I have a German QWERTZ-Keyboard) which
    completely messed up my keyboard layout.

    At the very moment most important for me is the use of combinations such as
    ALT+Fx to change the console or the possibility to enter characters like
    "\" or "~" which helps a lot when using aptitude ;-)

    Does anyone know a possibility to achieve the needs mentioned above?

    Sincere thanks in advance,

    Maximilian