Re: Switching from KDE to GNOME

From: Michel Klijmij (michel+spam_at_klijmij.net)
Date: 06/16/04

    Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:02:38 +0200

    On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:50:51 -0700, Steve Hix
    <sehix@NOSPAMspeakeasy.netINVALID> wrote in
    <sehix-AD9B52.18505115062004@dsl081-079-101.sfo1.dsl.speakeasy.net>:

    > How do I switch from KDE to GNOME?

    Select "gnome" in the login screen. If it isn't there, it might not be
    installed (though I doubt that - I thought gnome was the YDL default?). so
    you'll have to find the gnome*.rpm on the installation CD or apt/yum them.

    --
    Vriendelijke groet,        | "Planologische problemen los je niet op
                               |  door overal bommen op te gooien."
    Michel Klijmij             |
    http://michel.klijmij.net/ |                     -- David Brent, The Office

    • Re: fc5 thoughts
      ... Fedora 5 installation went well. ... Using the Gnome ... The new and improved bubbly fedora wallpaper had to go. ... Both Linux and Windows versions available). ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)
    • Re: You can have any color you want - as long as its Gnome?
      ... the Gnome desktop. ... I didn't see Xfce listed at all. ... installation -- it was probably me. ... I guess most people go with LXDE ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Why is Evolution and Epiphany now a part of gnome-core?
      ... But I can only see "one" guy in that bug report ... The size issue of fitting GNOME ... gnome-core = GNOME installation designed to fit on one CD ... don't use X or a DE, but when I'm using a GUI on Debian, and need to use ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: [SLE] 9.3 woes (the epilogue?)
      ... Thanks, Peter, for the detailed feedback, especially on the known issues. ... Gnome before going into Detailed Selection. ... - At the end of the installation, I went straight into YaST Control Center, ... it pulled down more KDE ...
      (SuSE)
    • snv_28 on IBM TP X24: 3 questions
      ... I've got a standard installation of Solaris Nevada ... Sometimes it's just the GNOME panel becoming unresponsive, sometimes it goes deeper and an application gets stuck not responding to anything, sometimes it looks like the entire GNOME environment is toasted (nothing can be launched from the JDS, although the existing gnome-terminal windows are still alive), and sometimes the whole Xorg goes south: no mouse movements, no reaction to Ctrl-Alt-Backspace, I can only access the laptop over ssh to reboot it. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)