Re: Switching from KDE to GNOME

From: Michel Klijmij (michel+spam_at_klijmij.net)
Date: 06/16/04

    Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:02:38 +0200

    On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:50:51 -0700, Steve Hix
    <sehix@NOSPAMspeakeasy.netINVALID> wrote in
    <sehix-AD9B52.18505115062004@dsl081-079-101.sfo1.dsl.speakeasy.net>:

    > How do I switch from KDE to GNOME?

    Select "gnome" in the login screen. If it isn't there, it might not be
    installed (though I doubt that - I thought gnome was the YDL default?). so
    you'll have to find the gnome*.rpm on the installation CD or apt/yum them.

    --
    Vriendelijke groet,        | "Planologische problemen los je niet op
                               |  door overal bommen op te gooien."
    Michel Klijmij             |
    http://michel.klijmij.net/ |                     -- David Brent, The Office

    • Re: fc5 thoughts
      ... Fedora 5 installation went well. ... Using the Gnome ... The new and improved bubbly fedora wallpaper had to go. ... Both Linux and Windows versions available). ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)
    • Re: You can have any color you want - as long as its Gnome?
      ... the Gnome desktop. ... I didn't see Xfce listed at all. ... installation -- it was probably me. ... I guess most people go with LXDE ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Why is Evolution and Epiphany now a part of gnome-core?
      ... But I can only see "one" guy in that bug report ... The size issue of fitting GNOME ... gnome-core = GNOME installation designed to fit on one CD ... don't use X or a DE, but when I'm using a GUI on Debian, and need to use ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Is gnome-core *really* the gnome minimal install?
      ... gnome-core package is considered to be ... gnome-core just to have the minimal gnome installation. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: [SLE] 9.3 woes (the epilogue?)
      ... Thanks, Peter, for the detailed feedback, especially on the known issues. ... Gnome before going into Detailed Selection. ... - At the end of the installation, I went straight into YaST Control Center, ... it pulled down more KDE ...
      (SuSE)