Display Corruption on Power Mac 9600

From: Craig Stein (somewhere_at_home.com)
Date: 06/18/04

    Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:37:08 -0600

    So I got the current stable distribution of Debian installed on this Power
    PC 9600. I created a swap partition at the end of the drive and the rest of
    the drive I dedicated to Linux and mounted at /
    I am wondering if I should have created a separate boot partition?

    The only way I can boot into the machine is with a miboot.img which was put
    onto a diskette. I have tried several disks with the same result. It boots
    into linux but everything on the display is corrupted and there appears to
    be 2 of everything.

    What am I doing wrong?

    Craig Stein
    PW Group