What did I do wrong??

From: Leonard the Committed (ccssk_at_nospummerschartermi.net)
Date: 09/14/04

Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:21:59 -0400

What did I do wrong and how do I fix it?

Got ahold of a B&W g3 350 with a yosemite rev 2 board and 6gb HD. Being a
Slackware user on x86, I decided to try out Linux on this machine. It came
with mac os 8.6 installed.

Downloaded Mandrake PPC and installed it. Used cfdisk to wipe the
drive, including the two small "driver" partitions. Near the end of the
install, the machine hung up, and was left for several minutes to see if
it was still trying to do something. Nada. Turned it off and restarted it.

Upon restarting, the kernel paniced about half way through and wouldnt go
any further. Figuring I had little choice, I re-insterted the install CD
and figured I'd try the install again.

Now the machine will not boot the Mandrake disk. Also, it wil not boot the
original 8.5 disk nor the Yellowdog disks that I also downloaded. I'm
thinking from reading I've done that I need to reset the PRAM, but all the
instructions I've seen refer to Apple keyboard buttons. Dont have an Apple
keyboard, using an x86 on the USB.

I'm not expecting a step by step how-to to fix this, but wont turn one
down either. Where should I look for info to get me on the right track
here? Ideas??