What did I do wrong??

From: Leonard the Committed (ccssk_at_nospummerschartermi.net)
Date: 09/14/04

Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:21:59 -0400

What did I do wrong and how do I fix it?

Got ahold of a B&W g3 350 with a yosemite rev 2 board and 6gb HD. Being a
Slackware user on x86, I decided to try out Linux on this machine. It came
with mac os 8.6 installed.

Downloaded Mandrake PPC and installed it. Used cfdisk to wipe the
drive, including the two small "driver" partitions. Near the end of the
install, the machine hung up, and was left for several minutes to see if
it was still trying to do something. Nada. Turned it off and restarted it.

Upon restarting, the kernel paniced about half way through and wouldnt go
any further. Figuring I had little choice, I re-insterted the install CD
and figured I'd try the install again.

Now the machine will not boot the Mandrake disk. Also, it wil not boot the
original 8.5 disk nor the Yellowdog disks that I also downloaded. I'm
thinking from reading I've done that I need to reset the PRAM, but all the
instructions I've seen refer to Apple keyboard buttons. Dont have an Apple
keyboard, using an x86 on the USB.

I'm not expecting a step by step how-to to fix this, but wont turn one
down either. Where should I look for info to get me on the right track
here? Ideas??

Relevant Pages

  • [GIT PULL] x86 fixes
    ... x86: hpet: fix periodic mode programming on AMD 81xx ... x86, kbuild: make "make install" not depend on vmlinux ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: keyboard disabled
    ... > I did what you suggested, but I can't fix the problem. ... > I also tried to install and fix the OS with the emergency ... > disk, but when I insert the disk, the system keeps asking ... Mike Brown ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.hardware)
  • Beige G3 OS X 10.2 problems.
    ... Since then it won't boot, the boot volume has become currupted and Disk ... Utility doens't seem able to fix it. ... Currently I'm doing a fresh install onto a seperate hard drive. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: 0x0000007b (0xbacc3524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
    ... I´ve tried only using one disk and only the other disk. ... both disks give me the same bluescreen at startup. ... I´ve tried using the Fix Sata / Fix IDE / Fix HDC options from ... you can install XP on a new hard drive then use the utility to move ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Error loading operating system
    ... After Installing, I went to install the software, and was ... > So, I decided to chuck in the old disk again, and sort out why it didnt ... After that I re-ghosted the old HDD ... every guide on the MS site to fix it. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)