Re: CD images, ISO

From: Bill Unruh (unruh_at_string.physics.ubc.ca)
Date: 11/07/04

    Date: 7 Nov 2004 02:40:40 GMT

    Keith Krehbiel <redsilo@pldi.net> writes:

    ]Rod Smith wrote:
    ]> In article <10oliucabu2mjf8@corp.supernews.com>,
    ]> Keith Krehbiel <redsilo@pldi.net> writes:
    ]>
    ]>>I am online with a
    ]>>different computer than has the linux installation and have found NO WAY
    ]>>to transfer files of any kind, including text. I am absolutely sure
    ]>>that some or most of the problem is my ignorance but some of it may be
    ]>>quirks in Linux.

    cp
    copies files.

    cp filea path/to/file/b

    Transfer files to where? Tell us what you want to do.

    Since millions transfer many many files using linux every day, yes it is
    possible and is not due to any quirks in Linux.

    ]>
    ]Yes I have a floppy, and also a router that I can hook up to. That
    ]still doesn't solve the problem of not being able to find any of those
    ]devices from within the OS. You can see that my ignorance runs deep. I

    What version of Linux are you running?

    ]I was able to finally get /dev/cdrom into some kind of a device list.
    ]It now shows up when I 'df'. Dselect still will not find the files it
    ]wants to see there however. I saw some mention of 'unmount' in some

    umount, not unmount.

    ]manual page but apparantly I don't have it installed. Maybe it doesn't
    ]exist in this version.