Garbled video any cure ?

From: jaMatiK (jamatik-no-spam_at_nulluser.com.invalid)
Date: 11/12/04

    Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:22:22 -0500 (EST)

    Ok I give up...has anyone got an ATI Nexus 128/(32mb) to work with Mandrake 9.1 PPC ?

    I have tried every conceivable video boot argument (well the ones that are commonly read
    about, the rest are apparently buried in man pages which I can't read without installing Linux
    :)) and anyway the video is just garbled one way or another.

    Specifying no video and turning off "No video driver" just gives me the pink squashed screen,
    specifying video=aty128fb with different vmodes and cmodes just creates various states of a
    crunchy messed up screen which doesn't fit on the monitor properly and is almost
    impossible to read.

    I thought this card would just be standard ATI 128 fare, but I can't seem to find way to get
    the Mandrake installer to display properly with it

    I guess I can try on the onboard video of the 7500 and use the video=control thing....seems
    a shame.

    If anyone has had any success with this or similar video card please let me know.....

    thanks

    • Please help explain Movie Maker file locations
      ... I'm completely new to home video editing and recently purchased my new PC ... In specifying my PC, I ... In Movie Maker, I have been capturing video from my ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
    • Re: Strange Video-related Problem on Self-Built and recently Upgraded System
      ... I opened up my system and sure enough, the video card?s fan had failed, and the card?s 2-year warranty had expired. ... Besides getting a better video card, I also upgraded the RAM, and knowing that 32-bit versions of Windows can?t use above 3 GB RAM, I also decided to upgrade to Windows 7, 64-bit. ... I needed the ability to dual-boot because, as it turns out the Win 7 driver for the Audigy is very ?minimalist? ...
      (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
    • RE: FREEZE! Youre a genius if you can figure this one out!!!
      ... The first two places I went were Windows Media Player and the video card. ... Purchased two new 1GB Ram, one of which was then declared bad by the shop ... Look in the right Pane/window for error message with red or Yellow ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: installing new video card
      ... open device manger and uninstall the new video card. ... restart and XP should recognize the old video and load the old drivers. ... When going from an analog video to a digital video card ... A friend INSTALLED the video digital drivers of my NEW PCI digital ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
    • Re: WHat does the error mean: The WMI Performance Adapter service
      ... That type of error is usually caused by a bad video card, ... likely need to swap out the monitor as well to be absolutely certain. ... Download the latest video driver for your card online, ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)