Garbled video any cure ?

From: jaMatiK (jamatik-no-spam_at_nulluser.com.invalid)
Date: 11/12/04

    Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:22:22 -0500 (EST)

    Ok I give up...has anyone got an ATI Nexus 128/(32mb) to work with Mandrake 9.1 PPC ?

    I have tried every conceivable video boot argument (well the ones that are commonly read
    about, the rest are apparently buried in man pages which I can't read without installing Linux
    :)) and anyway the video is just garbled one way or another.

    Specifying no video and turning off "No video driver" just gives me the pink squashed screen,
    specifying video=aty128fb with different vmodes and cmodes just creates various states of a
    crunchy messed up screen which doesn't fit on the monitor properly and is almost
    impossible to read.

    I thought this card would just be standard ATI 128 fare, but I can't seem to find way to get
    the Mandrake installer to display properly with it

    I guess I can try on the onboard video of the 7500 and use the video=control thing....seems
    a shame.

    If anyone has had any success with this or similar video card please let me know.....

    thanks