Re: PowerPC Linux Despair < scream >
From: Jochen Rollwagen (jochenrollwagen_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 17 Nov 2004 05:21:23 -0800
Dieter <email@example.com> wrote in message news:<firstname.lastname@example.org>...
> I've tried Mandrake, Yellow Dog, Gentoo ... there's always something
> that goes wrong. Are there really people out there for whom Linux does
> what it's told, with printing and all that 'normal' stuff?
Well, after some tweaking and fiddling, sure :-). Which Version of
yellowdog do you use ? I used 2.2, 2.3 and 3.0 and always got X
> So, my request is this: is there some infintely patient tolerant soul
> out these who can help me untangle what I'm doing wrong?? I'm quite
> prepared to follow instructions, and post useful logs - if only I know
> what's useful to post!
> Oh dear, all this makes me feel like a confused child ...
1. Calm down
2. You obviously have Console working. That should be helpful !
3. What Graphics card do you use ?
4. Enter 'dmesg' and look for the section where it detects your
graphics card. Is that correct ?
5. Look at /etc/X11/XFree86.log (or something like that).
6. Try to run Xautoconfig (should be in /usr/X11R6/bin) and see what