Re: Compiling a new kernel on oldworld with a Debian Woody (2.2.x)

From: newsman aka TEK1 (jmenouf_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 04/23/05

Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 02:55:26 +0200

dominik heer a écrit :
> have a look at this:
>
> http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/keycodes
>
> Dominik
>
> newsman wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> After compiling and installing a new kernel (2.4.x) on my PowerMac 6500,
>> I can boot it with BootX but my keyboard doesn't match anything !
>> For example : key->gives U->d I->g 5(not on the numpad)->i O->s etc ...
>>
>> So it's very difficult to log on and quite impossible to use it.
>>
>> I don't use any Ram image disk because it's not needed to run original
>> kernel and binary kernel 2.4.18 that I've just installed.
>>
>> Something's missing in my .config file ????
>>
>> Any ideas ?

It was the good way so I managed to do it work again !
Thx to Thomas & Dominik ;)

However I have to compile with ADB support but not ADB Keymap.
Unless, there are no keyboard entries detected !!!!
I'll try to compile a 2.6 kernel to see
Here's an sample from my .config file :

  CONFIG_ADB=y
  CONFIG_ADB_CUDA=y
  CONFIG_ADB_PMU=y
  # CONFIG_PMAC_PBOOK is not set
  # CONFIG_PMAC_BACKLIGHT is not set
   CONFIG_MAC_SERIAL=y
  # CONFIG_ADB_MACIO= is not set
  CONFIG_INPUT_ADBHID=y
  CONFIG_MAC_EMUMOUSEBTN=y
  # CONFIG_ANSLCD is not set
  CONFIG_INPUT_ADBHID

Relevant Pages

  • PROBLEM: no keyboard and mouse on 2.6.0-test4 (notebook)
    ... One line summary of the problem: on my laptop, neither keyboard nor ... A very similar config on my desk machine works. ... Running a 2.4.x kernel on the laptop works. ... # ACPI Support ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Linux 2.6.33-rc3, rc2 regression at boot FIXED
    ... I saw during the boot, never made it to the messages log. ... I edited the .config by hand and added the full path in ... I am not convinced my wireless keyboard is alive at 0.6 seconds into the ... but I finally grokked that the kernel trees firmware/amd- ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • X Server Problems: 100% CPU usage, no keyboard
    ... server, and am now trying to get gnome to run. ... if I boot using the GENERIC kernel and run ... at which point CPU goes to idle and keyboard works again. ... I looked through my kernel config and don't see anything wrong there. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Debian on a Dell PowerEdge SC430
    ... >> problem - I can't get the keyboard to work. ... >> interface USB module but it still doesn't work. ... > What USB input-related kernel config options are you using? ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • HELP: kernel configuration for wireless USB keyboard and mouse?!
    ... I have a Chicony wireless desktop receiver, and a wireless keyboard and ... I'm trying to build a custom kernel that works with these devices, ... of kernel config options. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)