Re: iBook G4

Jari Oksanen <jari.oksanen@xxxxxxx> writes:
The only reason to get an iBook
is that you also want to try MacOS X.

I had three reasons for getting an iBook, and MacOS X was not one of
them (I actually never ran MacOS X on my iBook):

- I could get a US keyboard for it, but not for most other notebooks.

- It has a PPC CPU (with Linux-supported performance counters), which
is useful for the work I do.

- It was the cheapest 12"-laptop around (and there were rather few
offerings in that size).

- anton
anton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Most things have to be believed to be seen

  • Re: Platte futsch?
    ... Apple-DVD einlege und dann ganz lange C (oder x für die MacOS ... ganz kurz angezeigt und er startet MacOS X von der Platte. ... Hmm - mit sollte das iBook eigentlich von der DVD starten, ... Vorsorglich ein Datenrettungsprogramm zu kaufen halte ich da für keine ...
    (de.comp.sys.mac.misc)
  • Re: Graphic openfirmware hangs
    ... MacOS and Debian on hard disk. ... > (heh, the ibook is not mine!), I usually start Debian by pressing Alt ... > during chime and choosing in the graphic openfirmware the linux partition. ...
    (comp.os.linux.powerpc)
  • Re: Zwei alte Macs und der Panther
    ... Die 10MB Platte beim iBook geht gerade so, ... Beim iBook wird der Speicher nicht so recht güstig zu bekommen sein. ... Je mehr Speicher MacOS X hat um so flüssiger läuft es. ... Next by Date: ...
    (de.comp.sys.mac.misc)
  • Disappearing apps.
    ... I have an ibook G3 600Mhz which runs great on MacOS 10.4.11 ... I have a strange problem, when I click on the application icon (Golive ...
    (comp.sys.mac.misc)
  • Re: live cd
    ... >im looking for a live cd for my ibook g4. ... because i want to try linux on my ibook ... I don't see any reason for holding onto MacOS. ... can still install MacOS X from the CD that came with your iBook. ...
    (comp.os.linux.powerpc)