help w/ ppc kernel upgrade. debian 3.1 mac mini

I am looking for a walkthrough or howto to upgrade the kernel on my mac mini
debian system.

It currently has a vanilla install of Debian Sarge 3.1 kernel 2.6.8

I need to upgrade the kernel to provide audio hardware support.

I have tried to install a kernel that is prepackaged from ppckernel.org but
I am unable to make it boot properly. The kernel gets scared, and cannot
mount a partition (3,3) I believe I am not configuring yaboot properly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

  • Re: 8.x grudges
    ... FREEBSD_COMPAT7 kernel option is, apparently, a requirement (and ... customizations when performing a major version upgrade. ... libusb from ports installed. ... Frequency ID control: No ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: messed up upgrade 7.0 & 7.1 to 7.2
    ... to get Flash & Shockwave to work on a FreeBSD installation. ... I have not been able to figure out how a custom kernel could be ... Portsnap only updates the ports tree, ... upgrade I am supposed to provide the GENERIC kernel in /boot. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: gcc updates
    ... This breaks all of the C code I have written for the final phases of the processing chain. ... I assume a similar scheme would allow me to upgrade from F8 to F9. ... It then downloads the anaconda installer, and places an entry in grub that allows selection of an upgrade fedora item. ... This work is quite disk and processor intensive, yet I never saw any kernel or other issues during about two months, and in trimming 100GB of mpeg data. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Problems with Xorg video
    ... I am using kernel 2.6.8-2-386. ... kernel part of the graphics drivers which is needed by Xorg. ... udev upgrade. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: messed up upgrade 7.0 & 7.1 to 7.2
    ... I have not been able to figure out how a custom kernel could be ... whatever else it should - all I got was error: configuration file not found ... Portsnap only updates the ports tree, ... upgrade I am supposed to provide the GENERIC kernel in /boot. ...
    (freebsd-questions)