PowerPC 6400/200 now what?
- From: "***** charles" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 20:11:27 GMT
I just got handed a PowerPC 6400/2000. The first time
it booted it came up to MacOS 8.6 that has bee modified
at least a little. It has 104M of ram and a 2.4G hd that is
about half full. It seems to have a lot of software on it but
the biggest problem is that when using it, it hesitates every
once in a while. Then it seems to catch up. I think it has
a virus. I thought I could wipe it and start from scratch
but I think this is one of the Macs that is too old to install
Linux on its' own. I have no cd's for it and I am just
starting on this journey. Any advice?
My end goal is to just browse the Internet and do light
emailing and wp.
- Prev by Date: Re: recommendations?
- Next by Date: Re: PowerPC 6400/200 now what?
- Previous by thread: recommendations?
- Next by thread: Re: PowerPC 6400/200 now what?