Multiple instances of gedit

From: Bryan C. Brown (bbrown_at_radix.net)
Date: 09/30/03

    Date: 30 Sep 2003 16:52:04 GMT

    I can run multiple instances of gedit (release 0.9.4) on my Linux box that
    came from the factory with Redhat 7.1 installed. It works just fine.

    Using Linux installed from Redhat 8, however, installed by the sysadmin on
    another box (not my own), only one instance of gedit will run, and its
    much more difficult to keep my work organized. I don't recall which gedit
    release is installed there, but it's the default from the Redhat 8
    installation disks.

    Is this a problem with gedit itself, or is there something system-wide
    that doesn't allow multiple instances of gedit to run? How can we change
    this?

    Thanks,

    Bryan

    --
    *---------------------------------------------------------------
    * Bryan Brown      <*>              bbrown@radix.net

    • RE: redhat-list Digest, Vol 11, Issue 18
      ... Re: Missing packages ... RedHat Network doesn't work ... squid proxy installation ...
      (RedHat)
    • samba and lan with winxp and linux computers
      ... I have 3 winxp computers in a small lan all attached to a cable modem ... I added a fourth computer running Redhat Linux 9 personal edition. ... the winxp machines to make it work. ... However one new aspect is that Ximian allows easy installation ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)
    • Re: RedHat 10 wishlist
      ... What would be nice is to have different installation schemes....I would like ... I really enjoy RedHat as it is a wonderful tool to use to help people break ... Linux that is easily sold to IT Managers who don't belong as IT Managers! ... > I strongly urge RedHat to reconsider the methods required to manage kernel ...
      (linux.redhat)
    • Re: RedHat 10 wishlist
      ... What would be nice is to have different installation schemes....I would like ... I really enjoy RedHat as it is a wonderful tool to use to help people break ... Linux that is easily sold to IT Managers who don't belong as IT Managers! ... > I strongly urge RedHat to reconsider the methods required to manage kernel ...
      (linux.redhat.install)