Multiple instances of gedit

From: Bryan C. Brown (bbrown_at_radix.net)
Date: 09/30/03

    Date: 30 Sep 2003 16:52:04 GMT

    I can run multiple instances of gedit (release 0.9.4) on my Linux box that
    came from the factory with Redhat 7.1 installed. It works just fine.

    Using Linux installed from Redhat 8, however, installed by the sysadmin on
    another box (not my own), only one instance of gedit will run, and its
    much more difficult to keep my work organized. I don't recall which gedit
    release is installed there, but it's the default from the Redhat 8
    installation disks.

    Is this a problem with gedit itself, or is there something system-wide
    that doesn't allow multiple instances of gedit to run? How can we change
    this?

    Thanks,

    Bryan

    --