Glib question

From: raffelm (matt.raffel_at_mindspring.com)
Date: 10/17/03

    Date: 16 Oct 2003 18:08:53 -0700

    I downloaded glib 2.2.3. I ran the following commands in the
    location where I decompressed the src:
    ./configure
    make
    make check
    make install

    as root. It looks like it succeed to me as I didnt see any error
    msgs. Question #1: how do I know for certain?

    Next, I downloaded xmms 1.2.8 and ran ./configure in the src location
    for xmms and I get this error:

    checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.2... no
    *** The glib-config script installed by GLIB could not be found
    *** If GLIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
    *** your path, or set the GLIB_CONFIG environment variable to the
    *** full path to glib-config.
    configure: error: *** GLIB >= 1.2.2 not installed - please install
    first ***

    I tried setting GLIB_CONFIG to /usr/local/lib where the lib files
    are. I also tried setting it to the source location but I still can't
    get xmms to configure. Question #2 is what should GLIB_CONFIG point
    to?

    I've used locate, find and which to find a glib-config file. I have
    not found anything on my system. I've read README and install in the
    glib source dir. I've been to the gtk web. Searches on google
    yielded a lot. Nothing proved helpful too me. I am really lost here.
     I would be happy to RTFM if I could just find a FM to read :=)

    I really would love to have an answer as to how to go about fixing
    this....I'm begging plz :=)

    Thanks
    Matt

    • RE: Install VHidMini.sys as 1st HID Driver Problems
      ... dvi: No class installer for 'Unknown driver software package' ... dvi: Set selected driver complete. ... <src = normal>) ... Install Disk' ...
    • Re: Makefiles for noweb
      ... more time than to install it more or less out of the box as an appliance. ... to be created by this part of Makefile.nw in src already exists, ... so I went into src and examined the Makefile. ... Apparently there are some scripts in Makefile.nw and I don't know what ...
      (comp.programming.literate)
    • Re: glib compile problem
      ... Should glib install dependent packages such as gettext? ... When I'm trying to install mc from ports in today's CURRENT machine I've got following errors: ... because attachments sent to FreeBSD mailing lists are ... FreeBSD GNOME Team - FreeBSD Multimedia Hat ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • Re: make WITH[OUT]_* more useful?
      ... as long as the MK_FOO variables that are really src building stuff = ... Other customization hooks would be cool too, ... Note that even though we don't install src.*.mk or local.*.mk, ...
      (freebsd-arch)
    • Re: RPM build error
      ... *** Could not run GLIB test program, ... See the 'INSTALL' for help. ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
      (Fedora)