Re: Open source mail server on windows, oh my...

From: David Brown (david_at_no.westcontrol.spam.com)
Date: 10/29/03

Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:52:57 +0100

"Eugene Burtsev" <NeWS@Burtsev.com> wrote in message
news:c8aa5f95.0310280854.745cad19@posting.google.com...
> I am looking for a good reliable email server for windows xp+ , but
> seem to get nothing. I want to have IMAP and POP3 access, smtp goes
> without saying. This is my last resort since I looked everywhere and
> couldn't find it, plus it does not help that I absolutely hate
> everything about MS when it comes to serving.
>
> Help?
>
> Eugene

Why not get cygwin and use standard unix email programs, such as uw-imap?
Life under windows would be unbearable without cygwin.

You are also cross-posting a bit wildly - linux people can probably help you
out more than windows people, but I'm not sure the embedded linux guys are
the right ones to ask.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Open source mail server on windows, oh my...
    ... Life under windows would be unbearable without cygwin. ... but I'm not sure the embedded linux guys are ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: Open source mail server on windows, oh my...
    ... Life under windows would be unbearable without cygwin. ... but I'm not sure the embedded linux guys are ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: What is the more popular UNIX flavor?
    ... about my experience with Solaris and Cygwin. ... installing packages. ... needing eg tftp you only need to activate on a Unix system. ... probably need installing first on the equivalent Windows system. ...
    (comp.unix.questions)
  • Re: Using PHP to parse specific XML tag content?
    ... XML --> HTML transformation in testing environment. ... run just fine under Windows using Cygwin, and, unless I'm ... And they aren't going to run cygwin on these systems, ... It's a programming language designed ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Good debugger?
    ... >>Any Tcl core that was built for windows doesn't have that problem. ... >Because Cygwin, by definintion, is not native. ... that's still in script form from prodebug. ... >>But if it can't coexist with native Tcl components, ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)