Re: DNS project... maybe...

From: DNSgeek (dnsgeek_at_locals.com)
Date: 11/04/03

Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 08:39:03 -0500

Eric,

Thank you so much for the info... I have learned that
/etc/mail/mailertable is where I can tell my internal mail server to
distribute the emails inside my private LAN... However, we're losing
track of what I'm after...

I'm after being able to resolve for www.foo.dyndns.org, or
ftp.foo.dyndns.org, or irc.foo.dyndns.org... notice the www, ftp, irc...

If I were to attempt to connect to either of these machines from the
outside (from work, for example) into my LAN... I know that
foo.dyndns.org resolves... and lastly, I want my internal LAN to resolve
for the 'ftp', 'www', 'irc', etc...

That's where I can't resolve... maybe the fact that I am using private
IP's internally.... but I know that logically it shouldn't matter...

I don't need to tell the world of DNS that I have private IP's... all I
need is for any request to the left of 'foo.dyndns.org' be resolved
internally with some kind of local, authoritative zone DNS server.

Once again, thanks for the help! :-)

DNSgeek