Re: what distro for the old systems out there?

From: Schwa Alien (schwa-d-alien_at_shaw.ca)
Date: 12/16/03

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:13:18 GMT

Chris Mantoulidis wrote:
> ... Suggestion: get yourself a new computer... I know you'll find it
> helpful... You can't do much with 64MB RAM and 1.2gig HD nowadays, can
> you?

aye, that's my plan... I have a much newer PC (1.1gig.celeron 768mb ram
37gig HD)that I'm gonna clean out some cobwebs (ie M$ crap) and actually
*use* for a change. I thought it'd be real cool to have a full linux
distro as a router, but it's not necessary to have that, now I realize
there's *linux based* products specifically suited for such a task and
fit in small, old PC machine like mine and can be run headless with good
web remote admin, just like a hardware solution.

-Schwa