Most Linux-compatible laptop

From: L Mehl (mehl_nospam_at_cyvest.com)
Date: 12/27/03

Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 08:15:52 GMT

Hello --

I am a Windows user, starting to learn about Linux. My daughter asked me
for help in getting a simple laptop with Linux installed, so now is my
chance to jump in further.

Does anyone know of a poll or survey indicating which laptops are most
compatible with Linux?

Thanks for any help.

Larry Mehl

---

  • Re: OT: Computer purchase question
    ... most of the things that your daughter like or hate will ... you need minimum of 256MB to comfortably run beasts like WinXP (Linux ... Hardly anything need be on the actual laptop, ... hard disk so that we could use SkyPE, ...
    (rec.martial-arts)
  • Ruggedized Itronix laptop HOWTO
    ... I bought a cheap ruggedized laptop and got Slackware Linux working on it. ... You have to have some copy of a Linux system to install it. ... Linux kernel and ramdisk. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: long time Linux user considering switching to OS-X
    ... >> - Linux box. ... I do all my work on the laptop. ... >> Unix beyond user level is weak. ... >> with the Mac equivalent I guess). ...
    (comp.sys.mac.portables)
  • Re: Which linux??
    ... I have an old laptop. ... i'd like to give linux a try, and thought this old lappy would be ideal, but i havent a clue which version of linux i should go for, ... RedHat Fedora guidelines suggest that, if you're running a graphical desktop ... On the other hand I'm typing in an IBM Thinkpad 560Z with 300 MHz, 192 MB RAM and a 6 GB hard drive. ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Laptop Question
    ... > linux user, so I would like to buy a linux friendly laptop. ... I need Windows for my college application. ... It is not really a problem, the restore partition is an image of a completed proper windows install, with all drivers and devices configured to work properly in the default configuration. ...
    (alt.linux)