Re: Time Server Application

From: ynotssor ("ynotssor")
Date: 01/16/04

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:11:57 -0800

"William Lugg" <william.lugg@cisf.af.mil> wrote in message
news:b363df10.0401150539.2db30b4a@posting.google.com

> I'm running SuSE 9 and KDE and was looking for a tool that will sync
> my clock with one of the many NTP time servers made available by NIST
> and others. I have used D4Time in the past and currently use nistime
> under Windows, but haven't had any luck in finding a Linux app to do
> the same.
>
> Where might I find such a tool?

The Network Time Protocol can be had at http://www.ntp.org/

Choose a time server near you from the list. I use a cron job to keep the
system and hardware clocks synch'd hourly:

23 * * * * ( /usr/sbin/ntpdate 128.105.39.11; /usr/sbin/hwclock --systohc ) > /dev/null 2>&1

        tony

--
use hotmail for any email replies

  • Re: Local Time
    ... NTP synchronizes computer clocks to a timebase. ... remote time servers, to a reference clock). ... the Undisciplined Local Clock, or LocalCLK, as the timebase. ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • Re: How do you have XP access its time server
    ... Your average Casio watch maintains accuracy with a drift of only a few ... it comes to clock drift, the measure of how fast or slow your clock is when ... the longer it takes to get a response when you ask for the time, ... try the configured DNS servers to be used as time servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: WTF with my computer clock?
    ... and resynchonize the system clock via periodic queries of ... highly-stable time servers, via the Internet. ... clock has (by comparing the system clock-run rate against the rate ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: W32Time error in event viewer
    ... "If I make this change will all of those time servers appear ... The time service has not been able to synchronize the system time for 49152 ... The system clock is unsynchronized. ... update every 7 days but that warning bothers me. ...