Re: Kernel 2.6.0 - Writing modules.dep to the wrong place

From: Mark Hobley (markhobley_at_hotpop.deletethisbit.com)
Date: 01/18/04

Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:03:05 GMT

I have now upgraded modutils to the latest version (2.4.26)

when trying to install the kernel modules using:

make O=/u1/build/kernel modules_install

The build still fails when trying to create modules.dep:

if [ -r System.map ]; then /sbin/depmod -ae -F System.map -b
/u1/build/kmodules
-r 2.6.0; fi
depmod: Can't open /u1/build/kmodules/lib/modules/2.6.0/modules.dep
for writing
make[1]: *** [_modinst_post] Error 255
make: *** [modules_install] Error 2

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Kernel 2.6.0 - Writing modules.dep to the wrong place
    ... I have now upgraded modutils to the latest version ... when trying to install the kernel modules using: ... The build still fails when trying to create modules.dep: ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Kernel 2.6.0 - Writing modules.dep to the wrong place
    ... I have now upgraded modutils to the latest version ... when trying to install the kernel modules using: ... The build still fails when trying to create modules.dep: ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Kernel 2.6.0 - Writing modules.dep to the wrong place
    ... I have now upgraded modutils to the latest version ... when trying to install the kernel modules using: ... The build still fails when trying to create modules.dep: ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: virtualbox wont open
    ... I then would use your software install tool to install ... Trying to register the VirtualBox kernel modules using DKMS failed ... You'll need to do this in the guest machine too when you get it ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: MAXIMA on WINDOWS XP
    ... -> fails ... >>> and did you install from precompiled rpms or did you compile it? ... >>> If you can't find the control panel you might try ... > I'm guessing the Windows XP Firewall, introduced with SP2, ...
    (sci.math.symbolic)