Re: How to set up my computer to print to a mini print server ?

From: gurdude (gurdude-a-with-a-circle-yahoo-dot-com)
Date: 06/01/04

    Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 18:25:30 -0400

    Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work. However,
    since yesterday's posting, I found that when I enter the web-based printer
    utilities screen (by typing 192.168.1.109 into the browser), I am able to
    print a test page using the button that they've got on that screen. Trouble
    is, it's not really like printing a test page from the Linux OS. I'm just
    doing it from the browser, which happens to be running in Linux.

    I scoured the web and found a few Apple folks that found some wierd behavior
    with this print server, so maybe it's just going to require some more
    digging.

    > Hmmm.... Try using the Networked UNIX as the Queue Type.
    >
    > The Server will be the IP address you assigned The Queue will be lp0
    >
    > The rest depends on your printer. If your printer is one of the HP DeskJet
    > series then choose the Networked JetDirect instead for the Queue Type and
    > use still use the IP address with the port being 9100 (or the port
    > Hawkings Technology's manual states).
    >
    > http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Printing-HOWTO/index.html
    >
    > http://www.linuxprinting.org/
    >

    > --
    > "In short, without this exclusive franchise, called the Windows API,
    > we would have been dead a long time ago." M$ Senior VP Bob Muglia '96

    • Print server DP-300U
      ... I am new to Linux - just installed it yesterday. ... I have a question regarding a print server I have: ... to a printer on the print server by specifying: ... queue type = Networked UNIX ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Several questions about the LG Voyager
      ... thing has got iPhone-style WebTV browser device written all over it. ... attaches to without a sellphone company interference. ... file off the main computer on the tablet far away, ... N800 or N810 Linux internet tablet the sellphone company DOESN'T get to ...
      (alt.cellular.verizon)
    • Re: Reporting tools
      ... I always find it a little suspect when people mention "linux" in context ... It's not that simple because .NET is a local Windows service and client ... a browser connects to the server and identifies the ... Of course you can do this in any language: ...
      (comp.databases.pick)
    • Re: Linux still surfs slower than Windows
      ... That wouldn't explain why the Linux browser chokes on any given ... >>up with the same DNS configurations. ... > although it seems they do work properly with MS requests. ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: OT: Mozilla/Firefox (was:Re: Windoze ends year with a major cert ...)
      ... Linux or Windows? ... IE was just another browser in the beginning. ... business is still where the money is and ... > side-effects whatsoever from my Firefox installation. ...
      (comp.os.vms)