Linux Messes Up DDO?

From: Aaron (aaron.axvig_at_sendit.nodak.edu)
Date: 08/09/04

Date: 9 Aug 2004 07:31:50 -0700

Well, the subject says it...

I have installed Mandrake Linux 10.0 successful on my second
harddrive, and can run it, but can no longer boot Windows ME from my
primary IDE disk. In fact, when I try to use a boot disk, there are
no harddrives shown on the primary drive. I believe the problem
arises from something that Linux did to the Dynamic Drive Overlay.

DDO is a harddrive translation interface that allows older computers
to recogonize disks larger than they are supposed to be able to, I
believe. What
has Linux done?

Some background information:

Primary HDD: Maxtor 120GB, 3 partitions (Windows OS, Programs, and
Storage)
Secondary HDD: Seagate 20GB (With Linux now on it)

Any response is appreciated, as my computer is inoperational until I
can get Windows to boot. That is, unless I use Linux, but then I need
to configure CD-RW, wireless network card, etc...also have files on
Windows.

Aaron

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RH 9.0 doesnt install: blank screen! (RH 8.0 & 7.2 do though)
    ... Tried 'linux text noprobe skipddc noapic apm=off noht'. ... I wanted to try on and so I chose 7 boot options: ... linux text noprobe skipddc lowres apm=off noapic nousb ...
    (linux.redhat.install)
  • Re: installation problems
    ... RH 9 had trashed my Linux partition and rendered my PC unbootable. ... >you can create the floppy from and can be created on a differnet ... >on the CD as the floppy boot image. ... and since flash drives seem to be listed in /proc as scsi devices, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • RE: Linux hacked
    ... Subject: Linux hacked ... After you boot up into the OS running from CD, ... >> First let me say I'm a security novice. ... >> been unsuccessful in getting root back. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: New to linux..looking for program I can boot and run off CD
    ... >>and he was using a windows os but booted and run Linux programs off a CD. ... >having to do a dual boot thing on my current machine. ... > That would be Knoppix or one of it's derivatives. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Of mice and men
    ... They're two of the many Linux distributions. ... > provided it has its own partition. ... separate boot partition, but that's the easiest approach - unless ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)