Linux Messes Up DDO?

From: Aaron (aaron.axvig_at_sendit.nodak.edu)
Date: 08/09/04

Date: 9 Aug 2004 07:31:50 -0700

Well, the subject says it...

I have installed Mandrake Linux 10.0 successful on my second
harddrive, and can run it, but can no longer boot Windows ME from my
primary IDE disk. In fact, when I try to use a boot disk, there are
no harddrives shown on the primary drive. I believe the problem
arises from something that Linux did to the Dynamic Drive Overlay.

DDO is a harddrive translation interface that allows older computers
to recogonize disks larger than they are supposed to be able to, I
believe. What
has Linux done?

Some background information:

Primary HDD: Maxtor 120GB, 3 partitions (Windows OS, Programs, and
Storage)
Secondary HDD: Seagate 20GB (With Linux now on it)

Any response is appreciated, as my computer is inoperational until I
can get Windows to boot. That is, unless I use Linux, but then I need
to configure CD-RW, wireless network card, etc...also have files on
Windows.

Aaron