Re: unix terminal emulation from linux

From: Dave (drobbins_at_drobbins.net)
Date: 08/18/04

Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:14:22 -0400

stuart m wrote:

> I have always used exceed or vnc to get a terminal emulation of unix
> on a windows machine. Can you get a full terminal emualtion of a
> solaris screen on linux using it's built it xserver? ie if i had linux
> could i do without exceed?

Stuart,

I have no solaris experience but I'm certain the answer is yes
linux has a complete x-server, or you could use vnc from linux

Dave

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SCO emulator for Linux
    ... >> There are unofficial versions of ABI available for newer ... >> What do you want to run under Linux? ... > Steer away from Microsoft a.out binaries however, ... > Stuart said). ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Linux help request OT
    ... Stuart wrote: ... I have, for some time, had a longing to play about with ... Linux but haven't a clue how to start. ... copy to cd and run on top of other OS's such as W98. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.misc)
  • Re: UI/GUI for small LCD ??
    ... Stuart J Adams wrote: ... > I need a UI/GUI library for a linux based ... > system with a small 128x64 monochrome LCD. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: catlist
    ... Stuart wrote: ... On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 03:28:56 GMT, SINNER ... Does it run on Linux? ... Thnik about it! ...
    (alt.games.mame)
  • Re: Sim City - Mac or PC?
    ... I'll tell my mate and he'll have to stock up .. ... I thought MS were 'involved' in a Linux of some sort? ... Then I built the spectrum thing, ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)