Re: About "man" help page

From: David Raleigh Arnold (darnold4_at_cox.net)
Date: 09/08/04

    Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 10:39:20 -0400

    On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 23:16:23 -0700, Steve Anderson wrote:

    > When you type "man commandname", you will see the documenation for that
    > command. I can see in the document pages some text is shown in blue and
    > some is shown with underline. Is there anything special with that? Are
    > those supposed to be clickable hyperlinks?
    >
    > My question is,
    >
    > Is there any command other than man which can display the documentation
    > in a way like a html page?

    "info" has links, but info format is not html. When formatted as a man
    page, there is more on the page, while info tends to smaller pages with
    links. The man page, being larger, is better for
    searching. Type "/".

    try dhelp for html. daveA

    --
    Paying more at the gas pump?  Bush's Oil Sheikh Buddies, who support Al
    Qaeda, Palestinian terrorists, & hate-U.S. school systems everywhere,

    • Re: About "man" help page
      ... Steve Anderson wrote: ... >blue and some is shown with underline. ... in HTML, so a browser would be useless. ... and people lived by the command line, which is to say 'a long time before ...
      (comp.os.linux.questions)
    • Single Source Documentation Woes
      ... provide the ability to single-source user manual documentation, ... | (WAP, HTML, etc.) | ... Application Name has the following command line options: ... To make life truly entertaining, ...
      (comp.programming)
    • Re: What is a good tool to search for files/text?
      ... In your sample, the search engine only ... it found text that have *.html (such ... the command prompt search disregards WinZip files. ... > behind that design is to "limit" the number of hits. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: is there a way to take an html string and render it as a web browser would, from the command lin
      ... is there a way to take an html string and render it as a web ... browser would, from the command line? ... particular, image tags should print out as images, not image tags. ...
      (comp.lang.php)
    • Re: page numbers not printing properly
      ... it's worth mentioning that the DreamWeaver "Fix Microsoft HTML" ... command is a bit of a double-edged sword. ... Microsoft's design goal with XML was to enable a Word document to be ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)