Re: About "man" help page

From: David Raleigh Arnold (darnold4_at_cox.net)
Date: 09/08/04

    Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 10:39:20 -0400

    On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 23:16:23 -0700, Steve Anderson wrote:

    > When you type "man commandname", you will see the documenation for that
    > command. I can see in the document pages some text is shown in blue and
    > some is shown with underline. Is there anything special with that? Are
    > those supposed to be clickable hyperlinks?
    >
    > My question is,
    >
    > Is there any command other than man which can display the documentation
    > in a way like a html page?

    "info" has links, but info format is not html. When formatted as a man
    page, there is more on the page, while info tends to smaller pages with
    links. The man page, being larger, is better for
    searching. Type "/".

    try dhelp for html. daveA

    --
    Paying more at the gas pump?  Bush's Oil Sheikh Buddies, who support Al
    Qaeda, Palestinian terrorists, & hate-U.S. school systems everywhere,