external IP monitor app

From: provita (somnium86_at_excite.com)
Date: 09/24/04

    Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 06:30:21 GMT

    Can anyone recommend a small app that keeps track of my lan's external
    ip? My server is currently running MS Server2k3 and I use Barefoot's
    utility: http://www.barefootinc.com/ipmonitor.htm (works great) I
    desperately want to put Mandrake on this machine, and the only thing
    stopping me is my inability to find an ip monitor for Linux. I often FTP
    in from outside, and my cable (Roadrunner) changes my ip about once a
    year. Barefoot's utility checks the ip at a set interval and FTP's it
    to my webserver, where I can view it from anywhere.

    Or,if you can suggest a better method of guaranteeing access to my
    server from outside, I would very much be interested in hearing it.

    TIA,

    Greg