what to do about "security upgrades available" icon (Debian)

From: Christopher C. Stacy (cstacy_at_news.dtpq.com)
Date: 06/09/05

    Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 17:22:42 GMT

    Debian sarge. There's some widget I installed that is popping up a
    notification window telling me that security upgrades are available.
    I click on "download them", and then it brings up Synaptic.
    But nothing is listed in Synaptic as needing to be done,
    The notification thingie is unsatisfied, and its icon
    remains in warning mode.

    This message started appearing in the last week, I think.
    Is this related to the promotion of sarge to stable?

    Is there something I should be doing?
    If not, can I get it to shut up?
    What does it think is going on?

    • security upgrades available
      ... Debian sarge. ... notification window telling me that security upgrades are available. ... I click on "download them", and then it brings up Synaptic. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: what to do about "security upgrades available" icon (Debian)
      ... >notification window telling me that security upgrades are available. ... update" to refresh the list of packages. ... Then run "apt-get upgrade", ...
      (comp.os.linux.questions)
    • Re: How Install Proftp server from cd
      ... One of my debian sarge server is not connected to internet now i need to install proftp server on this.Whic debian sarge cd i need to download and how to install proftp server from cd? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
      (Debian-User)
    • How Install Proftp server from cd
      ... One of my debian sarge server is not connected to internet now i need to install proftp server on this.Whic debian sarge cd i need to download and how to install proftp server from cd? ... If you have any other ideas please let me know.If i want to download packages what packages i need to download for debian sarge. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: No DVD download
      ... Why can I not download the DVD Editon of Debian Sarge ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
      (Debian-User)