what to do about "security upgrades available" icon (Debian)

From: Christopher C. Stacy (cstacy_at_news.dtpq.com)
Date: 06/09/05

    Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 17:22:42 GMT

    Debian sarge. There's some widget I installed that is popping up a
    notification window telling me that security upgrades are available.
    I click on "download them", and then it brings up Synaptic.
    But nothing is listed in Synaptic as needing to be done,
    The notification thingie is unsatisfied, and its icon
    remains in warning mode.

    This message started appearing in the last week, I think.
    Is this related to the promotion of sarge to stable?

    Is there something I should be doing?
    If not, can I get it to shut up?
    What does it think is going on?