Slackware jdk packages

From: Bryan E. Boone (Bryan.Boone_at_sas.com)
Date: 08/30/05

    Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:31:41 -0400

    I'm a new user to Slackware (Slax) but not Linux. I currently run
    Debian. I am however new to Slackware's packaging system. Basically,
    I'm looking for a good resource on how to build my own Slackware
    packages. For me to do useful things on a key drive;) I need to create
    a JDK package and a NetBeans package. From what I can gather, the
    packages are some sort of compressed file, that stays compressed on the
    system until needed?
    I *think* that if I can wrestle these into slackware packages, then I
    can modify them to fit on my Slax liveCD (USB). I've checked Slax's
    forums. There's a mention that someone's done it for JDK 1.5 (but no
    mention how) and I'd like to know how so I can build packages for the
    JDK 1.6 mustang releases.
    Hopefully, I can build Slackware packages using a Debian system;)
    Thanks for any help.
    -Bryan

    • [slackware-security] httpd (SSA:2012-041-01)
      ... and -current to fix security issues. ... Here are the details from the Slackware 13.37 ChangeLog: ... Fix integer overflow in ap_pregsubwhich, ... Updated packages for Slackware 12.0: ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • Re: Which Distro?
      ... >>but Debian has been somewhat slow in updating their packages. ... Debian package so that other packages won't stomp all over it. ... especially when you have to administer multiple servers. ... servers were split between Slackware, Redhat, TurboLinux and new Debian ...
      (comp.os.linux)
    • [slackware-security] gnupg / libgcrypt (SSA:2013-215-01)
      ... New gnupg and libgcrypt packages are available for Slackware 12.1, 12.2, 13.0, ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • [slackware-security] openssl (SSA:2014-098-01)
      ... New openssl packages are available for Slackware 14.0, 14.1, and -current to ... fix security issues. ... Here are the details from the Slackware 14.1 ChangeLog: ... This update fixes two security issues: ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • Re: Slackware jdk packages
      ... > I'm looking for a good resource on how to build my own Slackware ... > packages are some sort of compressed file, ... I can build Slackware packages using a Debian system;) ... 'slack-desc' file in it and possibly a 'doinst.sh' script. ...
      (comp.os.linux.questions)