Re: Converting filenames to lowercase

From: chris dewbery (chris.dewbery_at_millentech.com)
Date: 10/31/05

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:22:35 +1300

Mark Hobley wrote:
> I am using the Almquist Shell (sh).
>
> How can I convert a batch of mixed case filenames to lowercase ?
>
> In the olden days, we used to ftp localhost, and use the ftp name mangling to
> provide the case conversion. (Now that is just plain horrible, but we needed
> a two minute solution.) Hey .. samba has an equally horrible solution.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark.

echo "FiLENAMe" | tr [:upper:] [:lower:]

Relevant Pages

  • Converting filenames to lowercase
    ... How can I convert a batch of mixed case filenames to lowercase? ... In the olden days, we used to ftp localhost, and use the ftp name mangling to ... samba has an equally horrible solution. ... Mark Hobley ...
    (comp.os.linux.questions)
  • Converting filenames to lowercase
    ... How can I convert a batch of mixed case filenames to lowercase? ... In the olden days, we used to ftp localhost, and use the ftp name mangling to ... samba has an equally horrible solution. ... Mark Hobley ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Converting filenames to lowercase
    ... >>How can I convert a batch of mixed case filenames to lowercase? ... >>In the olden days, we used to ftp localhost, and use the ftp name mangling to ... samba has an equally horrible solution. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Converting filenames to lowercase
    ... >>How can I convert a batch of mixed case filenames to lowercase? ... >>In the olden days, we used to ftp localhost, and use the ftp name mangling to ... samba has an equally horrible solution. ...
    (comp.os.linux.questions)
  • Re: Converting filenames to lowercase
    ... Mark Hobley wrote: ... > How can I convert a batch of mixed case filenames to lowercase? ... > In the olden days, we used to ftp localhost, and use the ftp name mangling to ... samba has an equally horrible solution. ...
    (comp.os.linux.questions)