Newbie question - partition

From: Radu (alexraduREMOVETHIS_at_sprint.ca)
Date: 08/29/03

Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 02:29:00 -0400

Hi. I'm (more than) new to Linux - although I'm a seasoned windows user. I
plan to get Suse 8.2. When I installed win2000 on my computer I've been lazy
and I've set my whole HD as a single partition - C:

Can I install Linux WITHOUT wiping out all my work on this computer ? I
mean, will the installation program detect a some free space on my HD (I
have plenty) and somehow steal that space & change it from NTFS to...
whatever Linux uses ? Or should I reformat my drive and start from scratch
(that would mean at least three days of work, in my config) ?

Thank you