Debian Linux ISO Image 1

From: WILLIAM GRUENEWALD (twc4076207554_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 10/14/03

Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:28:51 GMT

After purchasing a complete CD-set of debian 3.0rev1, the installation fails
due to the following:
File:/instmnt/pool/main/i/iptables/iptables_1.2.6a-5_i386.deb" was
corrupted. Could not download iptables". It fails to go any further.
I've downloaded the ISO image for disk 1 from the debian-mirror (Georgia
Tech), checked it with MD5, and checked it against my copy from the original
set. They both are identical. I'm trying to figure out what is going on
here - me, machine, or bug? Any suggestion would be appreciated. (I also
downloaded 'SlackWare', and it runs on this machine without any problems;
so, I'm discounting any machine specific problems here).

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Debian Linux ISO Image 1
    ... > After purchasing a complete CD-set of debian 3.0rev1, the installation fails ... Could not download iptables". ... I used the exact same ISO image to burn both disc's so in my case ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: whew
    ... |> Dang, nevermind, I'll download the IMAGE FILE AGAIN! ... I think Lou is referring to Adobe's "Easy CD ... | constructive suggestions for how to make Debian easier to use, ... lists your site to over 1500 web search affiliates! ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: what is where in the iso-images
    ... (I used the german debian homepage since ... want a debian with kde, you should download this file: ... found) I need to download THIS CD-Image? ... dependencies as .deb files and install those manually. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • [Debian 6] - unexpected issue with iso images
    ... I am running Debian 5, on my computers that are running Debian. ... I reasoned that using Debian 6 DVD iso images should include all appropriate drivers for installing the operating system. ... I tried to download the new Debian 6.0.1 DVD iso images. ... Then, I tried downloading the 64 bit version, using the http method, in a web browser window. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: windows download
    ... download and burn a CD if they want to convert from Windows to ... because no-one would like to say goodbye to debian;-) ... Windows? ... explain to your friends that the installer doesn't really wipe their OS ...
    (Debian-User)