Dual Boot XP - RH 9 problem

From: Kevin (kevin.matan_at_REMOVE.corp.stargate.net)
Date: 11/08/03

Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 20:46:51 -0500

I orginally had XP Pro installed with a large amount of free space, so I
created the usual partition at the end of the drive to install RedHat 9.0.

Everything with the installation went just fine. I chose to install GRUB.
I made a boot disc. I am able to boot into RH9 with the boot disc just fine
(boots into XP without the disc), however I'd like to config the NT
Bootloader to recognize Redhat and boot from it as well.

While in a shell I did the following:

mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy <return>

dd if=/dev/hdc5 of=/mnt/floppy/linux.bin bs=512 count=1 <return>

It copied the LINUX.BIN file to the floppy just fine.

I rebooted into XP and copied LINUX.BIN from the floppy to my XP drive
(F:).

Then, I went into the boot.ini file and added
F:\LINUX.BIN="Linux"

The boot.ini currently looks like this:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
Professional" /fastdetect
F:\LINUX.BIN="Linux"

When I restart Windows, I get the bootloader with two options. XP first,
then Redhat. XP boots just fine. If I select Redhat, I get something to
the effect of:

Windows could not be started.
<windows root>\sys32\hal.dll
Please reinstall

If I do a hard reset, I can still boot into Windows.

My question is, Do I need to modify the boot.ini file in some other way? Or
is there something else I missed?

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help!