DNS Name Server with one IP address

From: Ivan (ivanfernandes_at_flashmail.com)
Date: 01/21/04

Date: 21 Jan 2004 13:40:56 -0800

Hi all,

Scenario:-
Linsys Router
External IP (xxx.xx.xx.xx)
Internal IP (192.168.1.1)

Router DMZ on and points to Linux box (192.168.1.10)

Linux Box (192.168.1.10)

Now I have a domain name www.mydomain.com registered with a registrar
(Currently uses their dummy name servers need to supply my own)

1) I cannot ask my ISP for this service or the registrar due to $$
2) I would like to use run my own name server for flexibility (i will
find a secondary nameserver)
3) I have tried free name server providers (but the refresh times are
too long >24hr)

How do I set up so when a user points to www.mydomain.com so it
resolves to my Static IP address (xx.xx.xx.xx)?
My primary dns/www/mail server will all be on one machine
(192.168.1.10), is this configuration possible for an individual with
one IP address? If so how?
Please brief me on the DNS named and zone files as to what IP address
they should contain (local 192.168.1.10 or external (xx.xx.xx.xx)).

All suggestions welcome however wish your answer can be detailed as I
am now worn out....

p.s. I have gone through a lot of postings but not come across with my
setup above.(I could eliminate the router in between and configure
Linux as the router)