AiRBOOT and Linux. Need help with AiRBOOT config.

From: Jim Cleary (jim.c_at_jamspam.smartchat.net.au)
Date: 01/23/04

Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:49:18 +1000

Is there anyone out there who knows exactly how to configure AiRBOOT to
boot Linux [RH 9]?? The RH /boot directory contains vmlinuz,
vmlinuz-2.4.20-8 and vmlinux-2.4.20-8. Not being sure which was the
actual kernel file, I put copies of all three into a FAT16 partition as
required. In AiRBOOT I selected this partition for the "Linux Kernel
Partition". For "Linux Root Partition" I have selected /dev/hdc2,
which is the partition in which RH 9 is installed. Initially, I left
"Linux Default Kernel" as DEFAULT.

On starting, AiRBOOT shows the three additional entries in its boot
menu: "VMLINUZ, VMLINU~120- & VMLINU~220-", so that much seems to work.
  However, none of these options boots RedHat. They all produce errors.
  What more do I need to do??

I will be very pleased to receive some help here.

Jim.

To use email address, please remove "jamspam".