AiRBOOT and Linux. Need help with AiRBOOT config.

From: Jim Cleary (jim.c_at_jamspam.smartchat.net.au)
Date: 01/23/04

Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:49:18 +1000

Is there anyone out there who knows exactly how to configure AiRBOOT to
boot Linux [RH 9]?? The RH /boot directory contains vmlinuz,
vmlinuz-2.4.20-8 and vmlinux-2.4.20-8. Not being sure which was the
actual kernel file, I put copies of all three into a FAT16 partition as
required. In AiRBOOT I selected this partition for the "Linux Kernel
Partition". For "Linux Root Partition" I have selected /dev/hdc2,
which is the partition in which RH 9 is installed. Initially, I left
"Linux Default Kernel" as DEFAULT.

On starting, AiRBOOT shows the three additional entries in its boot
menu: "VMLINUZ, VMLINU~120- & VMLINU~220-", so that much seems to work.
  However, none of these options boots RedHat. They all produce errors.
  What more do I need to do??

I will be very pleased to receive some help here.

Jim.

To use email address, please remove "jamspam".

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows multiboot (aaargh!)
    ... >> The Linux boot floppy is a bit more tricky. ... So I tried adding cfdisk to a spare Debian Woody boot ... > I reduced all the partition sizes by a third. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: lilo not in MBR
    ... NS> I have the following disk configuration: ... On NTFS partition I have working Win XP system. ... NS> Linux Ext2. ... NS> active parititon from Win XP with PartitionMagic to Linux Ext2 partition, boot ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: FW: FW: [SLE] Urgent! Need help!
    ... >> Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System ... >>As you told earlier, you should have only one Linux partition, so it ... >>You have found the partition you was looking for!. ... > title windows ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Multiple questions...
    ... >in Windows Xp Home Edition. ... >boot into Linux and DOS. ... >installing 3 OS's on a single partition, or is there a simpler way... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: [SLE] grub refuses to grub
    ... > for Windows and 60 gig HD for Linux, a regular CDROM and a CDRW. ... > which distro I try to install and have install Grub, ... > where the actual boot sector is, and I gather, where the actual Grub ... whole HD as a single partition. ...
    (SuSE)