broken packages

From: Matt Webster (mattjw_at_bigpond.net.au)
Date: 02/07/04

    Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 01:15:02 GMT

    I have just installed Debian 3.0r1. i type "tasksel" as root user and
    select the packages i want to install and then press finish. A whole lot
    of text flys down the page and on the last line it says E: Sorry, broken
    packages.
    I have installed this off a magazine cover cd (Australian Personal
    Computer). There are two cd's involved. The first in the actual OS and
    the second is a cd that has applications that the magazine has put
    together. I have tried it with both cd and get the same response.
    What can i do to fix this problem?
    Please help
    Matt

    • FS: Complete Linux Recording Package Ready To Roll.
      ... How to install Rehmudi-2.0 ... if you don't have any sound, ... dependencies of Agnula Packages ... ... from the new kernel. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Complete Linux Recording Package Ready To Roll.
      ... How to install Rehmudi-2.0 ... if you don't have any sound, ... dependencies of Agnula Packages ... ... from the new kernel. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2014 #1074
      ... checking the full error correction data. ... the devs and the users in debian is entirely inappropriate, ... Some packages could not be installed. ... I have just tried to install vlc on this laptop. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Which debian sources to use to install to Knoppix 4.0.2?
      ... running into a problem when I install software to version 4.0.2 that I ... Check out the list of extra packages to be installed, ... akregator ark cupsys cupsys-bsd cupsys-client gcc-4.0-base gs-common ... kdepim-kfile-plugins kdepim-kio-plugins kdeprint kdesktop kdessh kdf ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Apt Gone Mad?-Or Is It Me?-Expert Help Needed
      ... So tried to upgrade OO to 2.0 but Apt refused to do so. ... Aptitude doesn't show anything but Wajig shows unmet dependency for kdelibs-data. ... The following packages are unused and will be REMOVED: agsync arson barcode brahms cdda2wav cddb digikam digikamimageplugins gmessage guarddog guidedog hotswap-gui hotswap-text i2e id3v2 kbarcode kbear kbiff kdebase-dev kdirstat kile kimdaba klog klogic kmymoney2 knetfilter knutclient komba2 kover kprof kpsk krusader ksimus ksimus-boolean ksimus-datarecorder ksimus-floatingpoint ksocrat ksocrat-data kvdr kvirc kvirc-data kvirc-doc kwavecontrol kxmleditor lesstif2 libdynamite libimlib2-dev libkonq4-dev libmimedir liborange ... ChatagnierL-Home:/temp# wajig install openoffice.org Reading Package Lists... ...
      (Debian-User)