broken packages

From: Matt Webster (mattjw_at_bigpond.net.au)
Date: 02/07/04

    Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 01:15:02 GMT

    I have just installed Debian 3.0r1. i type "tasksel" as root user and
    select the packages i want to install and then press finish. A whole lot
    of text flys down the page and on the last line it says E: Sorry, broken
    packages.
    I have installed this off a magazine cover cd (Australian Personal
    Computer). There are two cd's involved. The first in the actual OS and
    the second is a cd that has applications that the magazine has put
    together. I have tried it with both cd and get the same response.
    What can i do to fix this problem?
    Please help
    Matt