Can't Install RH 9

From: Bob Simon (bobneworleans_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 03/25/04

Date: 25 Mar 2004 13:27:51 -0800

I recently loaded RH 7.3 on a machine because I had a copy of valhalla
on hand. Now I want to upgrade it to version 9. I download the 3 iso
images, verified the md5sum, and burned the discs which all pass the
new media check.

When I boot up the PC with shrike disc 1 in the CDROM drive and type
"linux text", it lists the typical startup messages, displays "running
sbin/loader" and then waits for a variable period from 3 to 7 minutes
before asking me to chose a language. It is not able to find the
RedHat Linux CD on any drives and it never asks if I want to test the
disc.

Is this enough info to suggest what the problem might be? If not,
please suggest a troubleshooting strategy.