Re: installing Fedora, major snag...

From: Nico Kadel-Garcia (nkadel_at_comcast.net)
Date: 04/25/04

    Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 22:06:14 -0400

    David wrote:
    > I'm on CD#3 and this is what I have.
    >
    > "An error occured unmounting the CD. Please make sure you're not
    > accessing /mnt/source from the shell on tty2 and then click OK to try"

    > F!!!!!
    >
    > This happened with CD#3. Can I get out of this and install CD#3
    > later? How do I get out of it? Just turn off the PC?
    >
    > So I am still in the middle of an install. Any ideas? Prior to
    > this, there were about 5 error messages (something about package not
    > readable) which I was able to click through.

    Check your CD's for errors, or your CD drive for problems. That's why I
    prefer to do network installs whenever possible: I hate having problems with
    CD-R's and really old or beat up CD drives.

    And be prepared to restart your installation from scratch.

    By the way, which Fedora are you working with? Fedora Core 1 or one of the
    test releases?

    • RE: Recommedations
      ... which you install XP, then upgrade, update, and patch it as much as ... The reasoning for my reformation is that out of no where my ... Since you already have two drives, I would suggest that you put both inside ... Fedora Core 1 onto the larger drive, setting it up to dual-boot (meaning it ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Fedora core (CD) install on Compaq Proliant
      ... > or text mode install I get graphical anyway. ... > The Fedora Core CD was not found in any of your CDROM drives. ... Just a thought - is the DVD drive a slave on the second IDE channel? ...
      (Fedora)
    • RE: Problems with medium check for FC2 despiteof properchecksum!HELP
      ... For users of Fedora Core releases ... Because I have too many machines I want to install this one to take the ... > reading different color media (older drives will have trouble reading ...
      (Fedora)
    • [FC6, Install Issues] Incorrect drive order in Anaconda
      ... I recently install Fedora Core 6 on my desktop I had intended ... Incorrect drive order in Anaconda ... Anaconda didn't have my drives in any particular order, ...
      (Fedora)
    • RE:Maxtor or WD?
      ... > that Fedora Core 5 would not install to. ... I don't know if it's related, but I've replaced several Maxtor Drives and decided to go with other brands eventually. ...
      (Fedora)