Re: installing Fedora, major snag...

From: Nico Kadel-Garcia (nkadel_at_comcast.net)
Date: 04/25/04

    Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 22:06:14 -0400

    David wrote:
    > I'm on CD#3 and this is what I have.
    >
    > "An error occured unmounting the CD. Please make sure you're not
    > accessing /mnt/source from the shell on tty2 and then click OK to try"

    > F!!!!!
    >
    > This happened with CD#3. Can I get out of this and install CD#3
    > later? How do I get out of it? Just turn off the PC?
    >
    > So I am still in the middle of an install. Any ideas? Prior to
    > this, there were about 5 error messages (something about package not
    > readable) which I was able to click through.

    Check your CD's for errors, or your CD drive for problems. That's why I
    prefer to do network installs whenever possible: I hate having problems with
    CD-R's and really old or beat up CD drives.

    And be prepared to restart your installation from scratch.

    By the way, which Fedora are you working with? Fedora Core 1 or one of the
    test releases?