aRTs stopped working after upgrading to KDE3.2.3

From: Ilan Finci (ifinci_at_myrealbox.com)
Date: 06/23/04

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:03:29 +0300

Hi,
I have a machine installed with SuSE 9.0. KDE 3.1.4 and everything was fine.

After upgrading to KDE 3.2.3 using the binary package for SuSE 9.0, I
now get an error message every time I login, or try to use an
application that uses aRTs for sound (most KDE apps).

Applications that uses sound directly, works fine (for example xmms
using the ALSA plugin for output).

The error message is:

Sound server fatal error:
AudioSubSystem::handleIO: write failed
len = -1, can_write = 4096, errno = 4 (Interrupted system call)
This might be a sound hardware/driver specific problem (see aRts FAQ)

I've tried to build the source RPM from SuSE's site, but I can't get it
to compile.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Ilan