Re: Fedora 2

From: Ms_Squiggles (pdreeves_at_bigpond.net.au)
Date: 07/14/04

Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:33:15 GMT

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 07:16 pm, Jainesh Jogia got 100 trained Monkeys to write:

> Hey Sarah,
>
> I tried that but /fixmbr is not a valid switch for fdisk...

fdisk /mbr

This command does not give any dialogue, it just quietly re-writes the Master
Boot Record on the HDD

--
Pip

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Fedora 2
    ... This command does not give any dialogue, it just quietly re-writes the Master ... Boot Record on the HDD ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Dual boot & master/slave
    ... I WILL have two drives, and WILL have a dual boot. ... Or Primary Master, or what? ... |HDD, and honestly, it's an ancient relic by today's standards. ... |Apparently you're familiar with jumper settings and general HDD connections. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Festplatte mit USB 2.0 IDE Adapter.
    ... einem Adapter soll Master richtig sein. ... Die HDD ist fuer Videoaufzeichnungen optimiert. ... Aufzeichnungen mit moeglichst geringer Verzoegerung und mittlerer ...
    (de.comp.hardware.laufwerke.festplatten)
  • Re: Dumpster Diving Finds Today
    ... After checking to see if the hd is ok - would like to set up as a slave ... to my other existing 32 gig. ... the HDD the master normally results in a faster and more stable system. ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)
  • Re: Cloning dual-boot Win XP32 and Win XP64-bit drive
    ... >> Also, to make it master, not slave. ... > A Slave HDD can provide the "System" partition (in Microsoft ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)