problem using minicom

From: Ejner Borgbjerg (ejnborg_at_mail.dk)
Date: 07/25/04

Date: 25 Jul 2004 17:24:10 +0200

Hi all

I use Red Hat 6.2.
Just bought a "Trust" external modem.

Have trouble when connecting: I've read on www.linux.com
that I can use minicom to dial up.

After dialling the number, minicom reports that I'm connected.

I get this text:

"
CONNECT 115200

CVX Access switch

Access is restricted to authorized users only

login:
"

I type the username and password that I got from the ISP.

Then I get:

"
Valid commands are:

   quit: hang up and disconnect
   help: list valid commands
"

So, it seems that I can't do anything except quit.

Of course I called the ISP, and they had no idea what was
going on. Of course, they "don't support Linux even though it will work".

Does anyone have an idea what's going on ?

Thanks alot in advance !

Ejner

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Network Configuration hand-holding for ISPs
    ... Because when I call my ISP, the first question they ask is ... >> Why can't we create something similar for Fedora? ... >> Configuration tool has ALL the same options that the Microsoft one ... I will try to get my hands on the MS guide for connecting a windows ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: DNS or TCP/IP problems?
    ... I am running XP Pro SP1, connecting to my ... It is a wirless ISP. ... you say "wireless ISP" yet the modem is connected to ...
  • Re: e-mail trouble with "In-box"
    ... You may try connecting your device through ActiveSync's pass-through and use ... I am trying to use the same ISP and codes on both my PC ... I am successfully connected to the dial-up ISP with my iPAQ using ... > e-mail account in order solve my problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: Faulty Port 25 (SMTP)?!?!
    ... which is linked to the SAME Router AND ISP as well. ... > that identity (in effect, giving you an fresh, clean setup of Outlook ... Or are you connecting wirelessly? ...
  • HP 2215 Inbox trouble.
    ... I have been having a problem with the Pocket PC 2003 "Inbox" feature in my ... The problem is one of connecting to my ISP POP3 e-mail account in order to ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)