Re: Fedora 2 Problem Solved....

From: Bill (wjw32_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/28/04

Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:36:16 -0400
To: Jainesh Jogia <online@swiftdsl.com.au>

Why not add a bit more RAM and install RH 7.1. I'm running 7.1 on a
100Mhz Cyrix 586 box with 64MB EDO RAM and 4MB S3 Virge graphics card.
GNOME 1.4 is a bit slow. WindowMaker runs OK. KDE 3.x ... s-l-o-w :-)

Don't want to part with the box, so may even see if I can buy some more
EDO RAM and a graphics card with more than 4MB.

Bill.

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004, Jainesh Jogia wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks to all who replied and helped.
>
> The problem was as follows... Bad CD ROM Drive that did not read cd's
> properly to install. Bought a DVD ROM Drive installed in and hey presto it
> worked!!
>
> Now this is my system:
>
> Intel 686, 46MB RAM (Yes 46 is right...) 4GB Hard disk.
>
> Now understandably, Fedora Core 2 Works as Slow as a Dog hopping on 1
> Twisted leg...
>
> So Here are the other Distros that I have:
> Red Hat 6.1, 6.2 and 7.1
> Mandrake 9.0
> Caldera Open Linux 2.3.
>
> Which of those listed above would be suited to my machine? Thanks for your
> help in advance.

<<   This email was sent by Pine 4.44 for Linux   >>