Re: Fedora 2 Problem Solved....

From: Bill (wjw32_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/28/04

Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:36:16 -0400
To: Jainesh Jogia <online@swiftdsl.com.au>

Why not add a bit more RAM and install RH 7.1. I'm running 7.1 on a
100Mhz Cyrix 586 box with 64MB EDO RAM and 4MB S3 Virge graphics card.
GNOME 1.4 is a bit slow. WindowMaker runs OK. KDE 3.x ... s-l-o-w :-)

Don't want to part with the box, so may even see if I can buy some more
EDO RAM and a graphics card with more than 4MB.

Bill.

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004, Jainesh Jogia wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks to all who replied and helped.
>
> The problem was as follows... Bad CD ROM Drive that did not read cd's
> properly to install. Bought a DVD ROM Drive installed in and hey presto it
> worked!!
>
> Now this is my system:
>
> Intel 686, 46MB RAM (Yes 46 is right...) 4GB Hard disk.
>
> Now understandably, Fedora Core 2 Works as Slow as a Dog hopping on 1
> Twisted leg...
>
> So Here are the other Distros that I have:
> Red Hat 6.1, 6.2 and 7.1
> Mandrake 9.0
> Caldera Open Linux 2.3.
>
> Which of those listed above would be suited to my machine? Thanks for your
> help in advance.

<<   This email was sent by Pine 4.44 for Linux   >>

  • Re: SP3 issues
    ... but clean reinstall is something I'm trying to avoid. ... install SP3 before upping the RAM. ... Non-viral malware is one of the most common causes of slow PCs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Brand new Imac suffering frightening kernel panic attacks
    ... You don't have phoney Apple stickers to hide, ... You have room to install more hard drives and components can breathe, ... A real PC is what Mac users call The Missing Link, ... your RAM is not to specifications you may get a kernel panic. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Brand new Imac suffering frightening kernel panic attacks
    ... You don't have phoney Apple stickers to hide, ... You have room to install more hard drives and components can breathe, ... A real PC is what Mac users call The Missing Link, ... your RAM is not to specifications you may get a kernel panic. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Brand new Imac suffering frightening kernel panic attacks
    ... You don't have phoney Apple stickers to hide, ... You have room to install more hard drives and components can breathe, ... A real PC is what Mac users call The Missing Link, ... your RAM is not to specifications you may get a kernel panic. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: regretting upgrade from ME to XP Home
    ... Their ValueRAM is the best bargain among their memory types. ... Crucial sells direct....they are a subsidiary of the company that manufactures their RAM. ... How To Install Internal & External Hard Drives ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)